Sunday, September 30, 2012

Ogre Bones WIP (Part 3)

I made some more progress during the week. I really like the group project concept. It's been interesting to see the work of other painters using exactly the same model at the same time. You can see their work so far on the Reaper Boards here.


As you can see, I started in highlighting and painting the leather straps and accessories carried by our nefarious Ogre villain. I decided to leave the straps basically black against his skin, but I am using a basic brown leather / rawhide color for his belt pouch and clothing.

 


My next step was to tackle the furs decorating the model and providing some padding under his shoulder guard (I assume). I went back and forth between brown fur, as might come from a bear and grey wolf fur. In the end, I decided that, between the leather, the wood and the base, there was already going to be a lot of brown on this model and that grey would show up better.


Now I just need to figure out how I want to paint the metal plates and finish up the detailing.

No comments:

Post a Comment