Monday, October 15, 2012

Ogre Bones WIP (Part 4)

After a week of vacation, and most of another week catching up, I have resumed progress on my Ogre Bones project. I had hoped to finish up tonight, but it looks like there will be one more installment before everything is complete.


As you can see, I've made some progress with the metal parts, teeth and cloth wraps around his feet and left hand. I decided to use a bronze metal color for most of the metal parts, and I'm happy with how it looks so far.

Since my last installment, I made the decision to paint his metal plates using a shaded-metallic technique. (similar to the technique I described in a past installment) I didn't feel that my efforts at NMM were working with this model, and I wanted to move on with the project, rather than continue to play with it.

I have also made some progress on painting his base. I used a dark brown base, but I mixed the browns with white paint as I shaded it upwards to produce a desaturated, grey look to the ground. I plan to add in some clumps of vegetation around the stones and the skull, once I have the paint done and a coat of varnish on the miniature.


Still to come will be the decoration on his stomach plate, some highlights on his club and the jewel on his wrist brace. After that, the model should be just about complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment